So while I had fun making my Reese’s Cheesecake I decided to experiment and try another kind of cheesecake with another favorite candy bar of mine! The extra tasty yummy Butterfinger Bar. I bet your intrigued already, right?
There are a couple of things I changed about this recipe, such as in my cheesecake filling I thought that it might be good to change out the chocolate chips for peanut butter chips. Which was a smart move because peanut butter cheesecake filling is extra divine! Only I will point out it was a bit stiffer to mix than the chocolate chips were. For this one I topped it with whip topping, but I am considering trying it with chocolate syrup, I bet that would be a really great option too. This recipe is still super easy and best of all NO BAKE!
Here is the full recipe to make your own Butterfinger Cheesecake:
- 1-1/2 cups peanut butter chips
- 12 oz cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ stick butter or margarine, softened
- 2 cups frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 chocolate packaged pie crust
- 1 and a ½ full size Butterfinger Bars cut in pieces
- In a small microwave-safe bowl microwave peanut butter chips at 50% power 1 minute; stir. If necessary, microwave at 50% power an additional 15 seconds at a time, stirring after each heating, just until chips are melted when stirred. Set aside to cool.
- Arrange Butterfinger pieces in bottom of pie crust.
- Mix cream cheese, sugar and butter in large bowl on medium speed of mixer until creamy. Gradually add melted chips, beating on low speed until blended. Mix in whipped topping until blended; spoon into crust.
- Refrigerate until firm.
- Serve with whipped topping if desired.
If you enjoy this post you may also enjoy this Cheeseake Factory Reese’s Cheesecake Recipe.