Butterfingers Ice Cream Pie has to be one of the must delicious and easy desserts I have ever made. Which really does not say much because I do not make a lot of desserts. I first made this recipe years ago for a holiday get together and have been making it ever since. When I worked out of the home I would make it for office parties and it was always a favorite with my co-workers. This recipe includes 5 ingredients and hardly any mixing at all. They include chocolate pie crust, vanilla ice cream, peanut butter, light corn syrup and crushed Butterfingers bars.
For the Butterfingers Ice Cream Pie, the first thing to do would be to let the ice cream sit for a while to soften to make it easier to place into the pie crust. However after that to make the ice cream harder it can be placed in the freezer for around 30 minutes prior to placing the peanut butter mixture over it or the peanut butter mixture can be spread on top immediately.
After those steps all that has to be done is to cover the top of the pie with the crushed Butterfingers bars and placed in the freezer until ready to serve.
One very important warning though: After this pie is cut and the first piece is consumed it will not last long at all. And that is not because it will go bad nope! It is because no one can stop themselves from eating it, it is that good!
Here is the recipe I use to make Butterfingers Ice Cream Pie:
- 1 Chocolate Pie Crust (Oreo is the best!)
- 2 Butterfingers Bars, crushed
- 1 carton of vanilla ice cream (will not use all)
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- Soften the vanilla ice cream for around 30 minutes. Scoop ice cream into pie crust, fill and smooth evenly across the top.
- Mix peanut butter and light corn syrup in small bowl. Spread evenly across ice cream. If peanut butter is not easy to smooth, more corn syrup can be added.
- Sprinkle crushed Butterfingers bars evenly over pie, cover completely. Cover and allow to sit in freezer for an hour or until ready to serve.