I am a huge fan of chicken and an even bigger fan of my new crock pot / slow cooker that I just got for Christmas. Thanks to my sister! I finally had the opportunity to try out the new Crock Pot and what better way to try it out than with a brand new dish! This Cheesy Slow Cooker Chicken was easy to make and the sour cream and garlic powder just adds to the flavor.
Here is the full recipe for you guys to try:
- 6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cans condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 can condensed cream of Cheddar cheese soup
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- Rinse chicken, and pat dry. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Place in slow cooker.
- In a medium bowl, mix together cream of chicken soup and cream of Cheddar cheese soup.
- Cook on Low for 6 to 8 hours. Stir in sour cream just before serving.
Also, since I have never cooked egg noodles before I discovered that if you add a little olive oil to them after they are cooked and drain it makes them easier to save and reheat later.
If you enjoy this recipe you may also like Slow Cooker Chicken and Dumplings.