During a recent grocery shopping trip, I was on a search for Hillshire Farm Grilled Essentials. At Walmart the Grilled Essentials were easy to find in between sausages and the breakfast meats. There were four different varieties to choose from: Lemon Pepper, Original Grilled, Italian Style and Garlic Herb.
Even more awesome that I noticed was that at our store there were coupons on the packaging:
Part of my mission was to make breakfast with Hillshire Farm Grilled Essentials, this was something new to me because I do not normally use chicken to make breakfast. So immediately I searched and search for ideas to try with the Grilled Essentials Chicken Breasts. I didn’t really want to make anything that had anything to do with a chicken sandwich so when I found similar ideas using different kinds of chicken in a Quiche. I thought it wold be worth looking at and to try.
To use the Hillshire Farm Grilled Essentials I first chose the Original Grilled variety and chopped the chicken breasts into cubes.
To prepare the Quiche I had coated the pan with hash browns for the crust and placed the cubed Grilled Essentials and cheese onto the hash browns. After that I had mixed the eggs with onion powder and milk to cover the quiche.
After the Potato Crust Chicken Quiche Recipe was done I let it cool for a while before we were able to eat it.
I was actually pleasantly surprised about how the Potato Crust Chicken Quiche Recipe turned out. When I think of breakfast I usually think of sausage and bacon and can definitely say that I think of chicken now as well. The Hillshire Farm Grilled Essentials added a really great flavor to the dish and I really can’t wait to try the other varieties. Also to note that I did try the Hillshire Farm Grilled Essentials did make a great sandwich as well!
Here is the recipe:
- 3 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 1 cup shredded mild cheddar cheese
- 1 cup diced cooked chicken (Hillshire Farm Grilled Essentials)
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tsp onion powder
- Pat hash browns with paper towels to remove excess moisture. Press into a well-greased 9-in. pie plate; brush with butter. Bake at 425 degrees F for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned. Reduce heat to 350 degrees F.
- Sprinkle cheese and chicken into the crust. In a bowl, beat the eggs, milk, onion powder and salt; pour over chicken. Bake for 40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting.
Disclosure: This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias. All opinions are my own.