A few months ago for the first time I went to the Cheesecake Factory and ate for the first time. I know I am so deprived. While we were there we had fried macaroni and cheese and I have to say that I loved it! Well after that we had a Reese’s Cheesecake for desert, I literally thought that I had an orgasm in my mouth. I loved it that much.
Well since then I have been dwelling and dwelling on having that cheesecake again, and sure I could very well go back and have it but that does get kind of expensive so I decided to make my own.
The recipe that I came up with is super easy and best of all requires NO BAKING! I love that because that makes me think it is fool proof!
I made it by taking 6 Reese’s peanut butter cups and cutting them into fours and placing them in the bottom of a chocolate pie crust. I made my cheesecake filling by combining cream cheese, melted chocolate chips, sugar, and butter and the adding whipping cream in. After that I covered the Reese’s with the cheesecake filling and letting it set for a few hours in the refrigerator. And to serve I topped with whip cream and a few chocolate chips.
This recipe went over well with my kids with Wesley claiming that it was better than we got at the restaurant. I assure that this is a very rich and delicious recipe.
Here is the recipe to make your own Reese’s Cheesecake:
- 1-1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 12 oz cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ stick butter or margarine, softened
- 2 cups frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 chocolate packaged pie crust
- 6 Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups cut into fours
- In a small microwave-safe bowl microwave chocolate chips at 50% power 1 minute; stir. If necessary, microwave at 50% power an additional 15 seconds at a time, stirring after each heating, just until chips are melted when stirred. Set aside to cool.
- Arrange Reese’s peanut butter cup pieces in bottom of pie crust.
- Mix cream cheese, sugar and butter in large bowl on medium speed of mixer until creamy. Gradually add melted chips, beating on low speed until blended. Mix in whipped topping until blended; spoon into crust.
- Refrigerate until firm.
- Serve with whipped topping if desired.