I recently had a friend tell me about this recipe for Zesty Slow Cooker Barbecue Chicken that she found here. I can honestly say I was pleasantly surprised. This was an easy to make and very good tasting dish.
I really enjoyed it and the kids really liked it as well, meaning they both ate more than one sandwich.
Don’t tell anyone but I totally did too.
As far as the original recipe goes I didn’t do anything different other than a little while before it was ready I used two forks to shred the chicken.
- 6 frozen skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (I actually cut 3 whole in half)
- 1 bottle barbeque sauce (original directions said to use 12oz bottle I used an 18 oz)
- ½ cup Italian salad dressing
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- Place chicken in a slow cooker. In a bowl, mix the barbecue sauce, Italian salad dressing, brown sugar, and Worcestershire sauce. Pour over the chicken.
- Cover, and cook 3 to 4 hours on High or 6 to 8 hours on Low.
- About half an hour before it is ready shred the chicken using 2 forks and put lid back on an let it cook the rest of the time.